Pages

Tuesday 30 November 2010

Shooting / Selecting Images

For my front cover image I had the idea of creating an image that represented isolation. So, I chose to take my picture when the weather was gloomy and had been raining. Down below is a couple examples of photo's that I took:

On the first image I was trying to decide what type of lighting to use: flash or go natural. I also was trying to figure out the angle of the shot.

I chose to go with the natural lighting and this angle but still I didn't like it too much.

This image above was the one that I decided to use for my first version of my magazine. I chose this because I thought it represented the isolation well as it's taken from a distance and looks very dull in colour. However, for my front cover it did not work as the image wasn't the first thing you noticed.

To create my front cover second version I held another photoshoot with a different idea in mind. Instead of doing isolation I wanted to have an image where it showed that something was close to the heart. In the images below my model is holding the guiate close to their heart and on the actual guitar is a heart with the phrase: "Long Live." This is a song that goes well with my features story and so on the guitar I placed it in a position where I think it would be in line with her actual heart. Down below are versions of the image I was trying to create:

On the first image I was working out the lighting and what type of shot I wanted it to actually be.

On this image I'd worked out the lighting and that I wanted it to be a medium shot.

On the final image below I worked out what angle I thought worked best.


0 comments:

Post a Comment