Pages

Friday 21 January 2011

Contents

Down below is an example of an actual country music magazine contents page in which I have annotated. Although it is a real example of a country music magazine contents page I don't like it. The reasons I don't like the contents page is because I don't think it shows what type of magazine it is unless you actually read what is inside. Another reason why I don't like the contents page is because it doesn't actually have any pictures that shows what is going to be inside on the following pages. The final thing I really hated about it was the fact that the contents page is black and white although other parts of the magazine are not. I don't thiink it represents the country genre too well.

However, the one thing I do like about it is that it advetises in bold. It's a good way of trying to get people to buy the magazine, it intices them in and after looking at the front cover of the magazine the next thing people will look at is the contents and advetisements draw people in.

Down below is the first version of my contents page:

The first thing I didn't like about this version of my contents page was that the brown banner seemed to be overpowering my colour scheme and so I changed it to the one below this text:

However, the banner on this page looks overpowering itself in size and so I'm going to make it smaller. Also, I need more headers for my contents pages sections and so I'm going to add in another one. One other thing I'm going to do is add in a promotion with a picture in order to entice the reader more.

Down below is the third version of my contents page in which shows all of the changes made that I spoke about above:


The final version of my magazine's contents page really has one change that is very easy to miss but had to be done after changing my solo feature articles name. So, below is the final version:

0 comments:

Post a Comment