Pages

Friday 21 January 2011

Feature

For my magazines feature page I wanted to create something in which allowed you to get inside the mind of the artist and I soon found something in which inspired the first page of my feature:



The idea that crossed my mind was that I could have the artists name and around them words or phrases that had something that reflected their personality or life.

The first version of this page I came up with was this:


I then decided that I didn't think the colour scheme reflected my magazines brand very well as the red was rather harsh in contrast to the black and pale pink. So I changed the colour scheme to the one down below in which has a lighter background colour in order to bring out the warmth of the purple used:



Happy with the outcome I finally put in my picture of Chiles and produced this:



I soon created my final version with a few changes made to it, also a name change for the solo artist of my magazine feature. Below is the final outcome:



Now on to the final page of my feature. I wanted to keep it all very simple and close together as I wanted to once again represent the branding of my magazine - the simpleness of family and the tight bounding bond between relatives. The first one I produced was this:



However, with this one I decided that the closeness of the text on the page was a little too much and so I decided to space it out more. I also like before changed the colour scheme to make it seem less harsh on the readers eyes and more warm. Below is what I produced as a second version:


Happy with the layout I had produced I decided to add in a few more touches to my magazine feature. Another photo, a pull quote and some decoration to the page. This is what I produced:



And adding in a few more subtle adjustments to make my feature really come to life as if it could be real I created this:

0 comments:

Post a Comment